SKS worked within a tight timescale to carry out a stakeholder mapping and consultation exercise, interviewing all stakeholders involved across 11 different access authorities.
We focused on the main areas the JMT required more understanding:
- Stakeholder’s perception of and commitment to the JMW.
- The potential for formalising the partnership
- Liabilities and ownership of JMW
- Potential for the trust to manage, interpret, and fundraise for JMW in pursuit of its charitable objectives.
- Funding commitments for day to day running and longer-term investment.
- Ideas for income generating initiatives and how those would be managed.
The feasibility study report produced by SKS was used to support the Board of Trustees to make an informed decision on the future management of the John Muir Way. The report included:
- Options study
- Indicative initial investment
- Development opportunities
- Operating model
- Risk analysis