SKS delivers the ‘Social Enterprise Toolkit’ for aspiring Social Enterprises. Regular groups are run by Engage Renfrewshire and other Third Sector Interfaces have also commissioned the sessions over the past few years. The course is designed to be an accessible and interesting introduction to starting your own Social Enterprise. SKS delivers the Toolkit over three morning or afternoon sessions, with opportunities for follow up or one to one work as required. At the end of the three sessions attendees have a clear understanding of what it takes to set up a social enterprise and whether it is for them, together with and early stage business overview, stakeholder analysis and marketing plan.
The course includes:
- An overview of social enterprises, what they are, and how they deliver business and social outcomes in a blended way.
- Building the social enterprise team and understanding your stakeholders
- Roles and responsibilities
- Business planning and commercial thinking
- Understanding and developing markets
- Is social enterprise for you?
The outcome of the Social Enterprise Toolkit is informed clients with a clear understanding of the steps needed to set up a social enterprise and how they can achieve it.