SKS helped Maryburgh Amenities Company by developing a business plan to support the transfer of the amenities and former primary school site in Maryburgh from the Highland Council to community ownership. This involved:
- identification of options for each area within the site,
- analysis of associated opportunities, benefits, risks and to identify preferred development options with costs and potential sources of funding,
- dialogue and consultation with the community on the proposals
- support to MAC in commissioning a valuation of the land
- preparation of a five-year business plan which incorporates initial revenue costs, capital costs to upgrade the facilities, on-going income & expenditure projections and risk analysis.
- support to MAC in preparing an application to the Scottish Land Fund for acquisition costs and revenue funding for up to 2 years