SKS prepared the business plan for Carron Valley Renewables to support a successful Stage 2 Scottish Land Fund and Community Asset Transfer from the Forestry Commission. The community purchase of an area of woodland will enable the community to develop activities and a meeting space for regular events, with a second phase of the project focussing upon the creation of a community building.
The SKS team helped the group to phase the project into manageable phases that were acceptable to the community, funders and landowner, resulting in a successful funding application and asset transfer. SKS activities included:
- Community engagement and consultation
- Woodland Management plan preparation
- Market assessment considering proposed uses for woodland and potential building
- Identifying partners and liaising with stakeholders
- Producing a viable business plan that illustrated how the woodland would be managed and social outcomes to be achieved sustainably
- Supporting the group through funding and asset transfer processes.