SKS worked in partnership with FMS Consultancy Ltd to deliver a robust report for Argyll and Bute Council to provide a strategic direction for catering and cleaning services across all the Council locations. This included:
- Recommendations that permitted the Council to meet its target of 20-25% savings on the current budgetary levels.
- Options for future operational production arrangements including locations, production and service type whilst recognising the geographical context of the Council.
- The potential staffing implications, risks, savings and benefits associated with each of any options identified.
- Where the biggest improvements could be made, the level of capital investment required, a prioritised investment programme and revenue implications.
- Options for service harmonisation.
- Service quality and customer experience expectations and standards.
- National and local resilience and business continuity considerations.
- A procurement proposal that maximises opportunities for local producers.